COVID-19 has been a life changing experience for all.
We are doing our part here at Stumptown Doulas to help keep you and your family safe. Here’s what you can expect to be different about our care during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our Doulas may request to interview virtually or in-person at an outside location with all parties masked and socially distant (6 feet apart).
- Our Doulas may meet in-person for each prenatal appointment or ask if you mind doing a Zoom call instead. If your Doula meets in-person, they will most likely remain masked the entire time, if social distancing is not able to be maintained.
- If you work with one of our Doulas for your birth, they will remain masked, and possibly wear a face shield, during your labor.
- Hospitals are now requiring a copy of your Doulas’ certification to be on file PRIOR to your birth. Without this documentation, it may be difficult and, in some cases impossible, for your Doula to be permitted into the hospital.
- Your Doula will have a copy of this documentation ready at one of your prenatal visits so you can pass it along to your healthcare provider.
- Our Postpartum Doulas also wear masks during their postpartum shifts when social distancing is not able to be maintained. In an effort to minimize potential exposure should a family become Covid19 positive, your postpartum Doula may only work with one family at a time.
- Each of our Doulas are cautious and careful in their day-to-day lives, wearing masks and maintaining social distancing when able.
If you have questions about our health practices during this pandemic, please reach out via the contact page. Thank you!